Wednesday 7 February 2018

Parker Man talks

oh it was a cold day, a bitterly cold day with what has been termed a lazy wind (it can't be bothered to go round, it goes straight through you)

It was cold in the morning but the connections had gone well.  It felt colder in the evening and the connections had not gone well at all. 

Twenty five mins waiting at the middle stop for the second bus I was chilled to the bone. Even with the help of those nifty chemical hand warmers.

Arriving at my destination too late for the little bus I set off to walk home.

As I reached the first set of traffic lights Parker Man drew level with me, glanced across and spoke to me....and what did he say for this first conversational gambit after all these months.

The most English of conversations of course.

"Blooming cold isn't it!"

So certainly not a tough Northern Lad if he admits to "feeling the cold"

Today has been a double connection win, both morning and evening buses flowing so that there was minimum time waiting in the cold.  

No comments:

Post a Comment