Thursday 18 January 2018

An odd little conversation

was had on Monday at the Church stop.

A cold morning, although not as cold as forecast, in fact wrapped for the forecast I was feeling reasonably comfortable as I waited for bus two.

A bearded and hooded young man joined me in the shelter with the comment
"can it get any colder"

My response "of course it can"

"if I was at home it would be warm" he did have a bit of an accent.

" cast nary a clout till May is out" I grinned. He looked puzzled so I explained
" don't discard you winter clothing til May, it can snow through April into May"

" yeah my birthday is in April hope it won't be snowing then, that's not as weird as my girlfriend her birthday is 23rd December, how weird is that!"

"some people are born on the 25th of December"

" that is just weird, I am not at all religious no not at all" glance at the Church " a priest or a vicar could tie me to a chair and peel my eyelids back and read the bible to me, all of it every page and I would not be religious, I have said it before and I will always say it you will never get me to take a stance on religion"

"erm you just did, that was a stance"

Pause
"ha so I did" ~"I don't really do coffee , but I could do with a latte, that's the only coffee I do,  isn't it cold" 

" I don't drink coffee" a look of utter astonishment appeared on the face of Mr I don't drink coffees face.

The bus arrived and as he got on he asked for a sixteen and under ticket, the conversation made more sense now, sort of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment