Friday 25 March 2016

Small annoyances..a collection part one

This is a post about the things that irk.  Not necessarily big things that require a post of their own, a collection of moans and irritations.

Rain inside the bus from ill fitting windows or sky lights that drip on my head, dribble down my arm or leg all unsuspecting or dampen the seat and thereafter my bottom.

Chewing gum discarded without care (especially if it also ends up on my bottom) although at times I wonder if it shouldn't be used for pavement in the first place, it is apparently a lot of peoples opinion that the pavement is where it is supposed to be.

Chewing gumed pavement



Chewing gum at bus stop


People that get on an escalator with apparently no idea where they intend to go when they reach the bottom.  Taking a half step off and stopping to decide which way to go, left, right or forward I don't mind, just move away so I am not falling over as it is my time to step off.  Or worse, choosing that half step moment to dig into a bag or pocket whilst blocking the egress from the escalator.  Doubly irritating if my bus has already pulled into the stop and I am in a hurry to catch it.

Spitting..oh yuck do I need to say anything more on that one!

Rolling up the used bus ticket and sticking it into any available gap in the bus seats, panels ect..come on there is a place on the bus just for used bus tickets! And why because one person has done it do the copy cats have to follow so the bus looks like a ticked hedgehog!

Oh, yeah people who stick obviously not used bus ticket items in the used bus ticket receptacle....did you really use a plastic pop bottle as a record of payment for the journey?

Plastic bottles...there is another thing, dropping drinks bottles or cans onto the floor of the bus where they roll back and forward bumping into feet, threatening to spill dregs and  to cause someone to trip, or as occurred on one occasion rolling to the front of the bus and managing to jam the door.

OK as I am getting more irked as I think about the irritating things I shall let this post go. take a deep breath and make part two of the collection at a later date.








No comments:

Post a Comment