As an aside , if you are going to read a book there are a few things to keep in mind.
- When choosing the book remember you have to carry it and balance it on the bus, this is indeed one occasion when bigger is not always better.
- At the same time try and make sure there is enough book to last the journey in both directions. It is frustrating running out of book with travelling left to do.
- Avoid books with very interesting cover art or you will spend more time telling other people what you are reading that reading!
- If the book is too engaging you run the risk of getting so caught up in the story you forget to get off the bus. (re reading an old favourite works quite well)
- Keep a book mark handy,or something that will fulfil that function.
- Avoid reading at bus stops (stations are mostly OK unless very busy) as you can miss seeing the bus coming and only notice it as it glides past and then onward without you. Oh, unless you have an understanding bus friend with you, but in that case you are probably talking not reading.