Friday 1 December 2017

Celebrity Driver

As the end of November fades and December gets underway I get braced for the seasonal delays on the bus occasioned by a combination of the weather and the increased traffic and number of passengers.

Of course the delays always feel so much longer in the dark and the cold .

Wednesday came in with a cold biting wind and having stood at the middle bus stop in the rain experiencing one of those delays I was not looking forward to the walk home form the bus station.

As I arrived at the bus station I remembered the little bus that is a new feature and goes past my home removing the need to trudge up the incline (that I have before noted appears to be a steeper gradient on the home up journey than on the down to work) I have occasional arrived just in time to catch it.

This time, there was no little bus waiting however, I popped my head into the bus station and noted it was due in two minutes, worth the wait, it would still get me home quicker and avoid a cold wet walk.

As the bus pulled in I was already feeling rather jolly at the  prospect of a warm ride and a decision well made.  As I stepped on the bus I almost voiced out loud my immediate thought on seeing the driver.  The mature, portly white haired and fully white bearded driver.

It's Santa Clause! 

Only if his uniform had been red would he have looked any more the part. All of the ride home (short thought it was) the thought that Santa Clause was driving my bus kept me amused and in a rather more jolly mood than the earlier delay and winter chill had forecast.

No comments:

Post a Comment