Monday, 3 August 2026

A last trip?

 Now this blog started in 2013 and was mostly about my journey to work and back on public transport. In the majority of trips that was the bus. I had started making those journeys in early 2007.  Although part of the journey was familiar as I had worked at an office at the new halfway point for three years.

If you have visited here before, (and with one exception going off the comments and the visitor numbers it is quite likely you have not so look at prior posts please) , then you will be aware various factors changed the travel situation.

My mothers health, COVID 19, work on the offices I attended, the available space and indeed offices closing and locations changing.

There were less bus journeys, less regularity to travel, and the occasional unrelated to work trip being mentioned.

My father having his own health issues whilst my mothers remain means that for work travel has now well officially stopped. 

A last trip into the "new" office which was also an "old" office, I worked there from 2006 till the change over in 2007 and which will itself be closing and the staff moving "over the way a bit" to a new office in 2007.

So my last trip into work, well I had thought it would be on the bus, will my little red trolly. But my boss had other ideas and a lift in and back with her instead. My cars have changed so much and all updated integrated tech, for finding your way either from place to place or reversing into a space.

I still think the GPS took an odd route to the office. \a prebooked space in the underground car park brought back memories from 2006/7 and lifts in with a former boss and parking there, the double parking arrangements with numbers to call to let people you were blocking in know when you were leaving and giving them your number to call if they wanted to go at an earlier time. 

Up in the lift, sign in and on the ground floor. That means I have worked on every floor in that building even if it has been for just one day.

I did get some work done in amongst the farewells and that was it. Journey home in a car and my work journeys are over.

So what now going forward for me and the blog?

well I expect there will still be journeys, but at the moment few and short. I will add to the blog as it feels appropriate, its not been that prolific of late anyways. 

It will stay open of course for the occasional visitor and at times for me to refresh my memory.


No comments:

Post a Comment